View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #14
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormcloude View Post
It sounds like this is not possible, but I'll throw it out there, since I mentioned it in another thread that seems to have died. Is there any way to set it up so that Goodreads is one of the options for retrieving metadata, covers, summaries, ISBN, etc?
It is technically possible but due to the T&C's of 1 call per second mentioned higher in this thread it isn't worth trying to implement imho. Such a metadata download plugin would I suspect quickly become very popular, and with popularity comes lots of hits on the Goodreads servers, and then you end up with the same issues currently faced with the LibraryThing plugin of it being blocked.

As the interaction is "one way" (Calibre sucking data from Goodreads) and they gain no direct benefit from it I can't see them being "lenient" about it.

Last edited by kiwidude; 02-01-2011 at 05:06 PM.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote