Thread: LCD vs. e-ink
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 03:01 PM   #37
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipstir View Post
Sometimes it boils down to the eye glass you read with. If you do wear them. Those that are sold in the pharmacy from 1.00+ all the way up to 4.00+. You could try them and see if they help you see better on the e-reader. There is only so much they can do with technology on these panels. I tell my eye doc I need special glasses for the computer, these are anti-glare an etc. The problem with glasses has to be design for where the distance from the LCD monitor screen is. The tablet or e-reader LCD panel you'll be closer too. A lot of variables to have to consider. I only mention all of this because you say you get headaches. I was getting that too and way to much grey wash.
It must be my eye sight is not what it used to be. I used to read a lot more but I was getting headaches when reading paper backs in low light even though I have prescription eye glasses. I bought the nook so I can enlarge the font; that helps but similar to paper, I still get headaches when reading in low light. I don't have problems though reading with LCD computer monitor for extended period of time. That is one of the reasons that I want to buy a LCD tablet for reading and for surfing the web.
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote