Thread: LCD vs. e-ink
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 02:58 PM   #36
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
No. I am not. Ebookwise-1150 could not be used for longer than 18 hours I think. eInk based ebook reader can go on for 2 weeks. A good feature of eInk is a fault for stagnated LCD ebook reader development? It is a joke at the best. LCD simply fails to fulfil the demands. What you are doing is like blaming LCD for stagnated CRT ebook reader development. New technology has emerged and proved to be better in a specific area of gadgets. LCD technology was and is developing all the time. For example a change of lamps for LEDs. However, regardless whether we had eInk or not LCD would not be able to do it.
Actually the ebookwise had a fantastic battery and could last up to 20 hours depending on the condition of the battery. That is besides the point though, as we all know MOST LCD readers don't have long battery life. So your comment about battery life is absolutely true.

Your comment about LCD failing to deliver the demands is false. Why are tablets and iPads insanely popular? Why is BN releasing an ebook reading device in LCD? Because battery life is a non-issue. Most of us charge our phones every day or some other device. I am not blaming LCD for anything, I'm blaming eink for stagnating the market with only eink devices when LCD devices could be made even then to read comfortably on (ebookwise-1150 is proof). Why do you think some of us have been reading on netbooks and PDAs all this time?

For some people battery life, reading in full light and paper-display makes the perfect reader. For some, having a backlight is a necessary feature. You will never understand because you have always been on the other side of the fence. People like you scoffed at me when I talked about tablets and LCD readers two years ago. Well look what has happened? Exactly as many of us predicted. Tablets are popular. Companies are starting to realize LCD does indeed make a good reader and has a market. -snip- took this out because it was just mean and not my nature.

Last edited by ColdSun; 10-30-2010 at 03:15 PM.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote