View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
@Sonist, we had this through already many times and I don't think you can change iRex minds, when we couldn't with a much bigger effort. At that times it was a kind of deal, they release all (possible) SourceCode of the iRex so the community can improve it, and we shut up bickering about it. I was a bit from the stage, but it seems the OS-community didn't really break through. Okay, but its a bit bad behaviour from us to now come back to demand what we couldnt produce... remember they are not an enourmous company, and I guess are so and so struggling to survive. I gratulate them they still mange to and I think when they don't have the financial assets I can understand they concentrate on one product only. The financial crises all talk about is going to have victims, and I'll keep my fingers crossed iRex makes it through. It would be a real pitty if not.

@general, personally having been very enthusiastic about eReading and the iLiad I'm after a year back to paper . The screen is too small, the page turning to slow to be comfortable for explorative research reading. My biggest complaint reflexivity of the screen to high (cannot read in my moringtrain due to the toplights), the pen writes with a nasty gap, and I have trouble getting my relevant stuff in electronic form. Maybe when I get a chance to get hold of a 1000 I'll reevaluate (getting it with some business project), but I'm not going to buy another expensive eReader from my private budget any time soon...

Last edited by axel77; 03-03-2009 at 06:29 AM.
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote