View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 08:18 PM   #1009
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I just finished the seventh and last (so far) book of the Beach View Boarding House series, by Ellie Dean. These books are set during WWII on the British homefront, with various evacuees and bombing victims coming and going at a family-owned boarding house. There's melodrama and soap opera elements and romance and historical background, and it's all blended together in a really enjoyable way. Not great literature by any means, but such fun to listen to. A couple of the books were narrated by Annie Aldington, the rest by Julie Maisey; they were fairly similar and both good with accents ranging from upper-class British, to Cockney, to Australian (at least they sounded accurate to my American ear). I'm looking forward to more in the series.

After seven WWII books in a row, I've moved on to a book set in 1950: Strings Attached, by Judy Blundell, narrated by Emma Galvin. Since I really enjoyed Blundell's What I Saw and How I Lied earlier this year, I was happy to find Strings Attached on sale at Downpour this week for $5. Both books are classified as young adult.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote