View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 01:30 PM   #1
lovebeta
Groupie
lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Amazon Kindle, Sony PRS-505
Use Enter key to turn page

Since the enter key really only does link navigation in the page group, I was wondering if we can reload/add it with pageturn function as well. The motivation of doing this is that, I feel, the enter key is the most comfortable one to press on PRS-505. And needless to say, next_page is the MOST frequently used key on an eReader.

In order to achieve this, I have to modify main.xml with something like this sudo code:

Code:
<kbookPage id="PAGE" left="0" right="0" top="0" bottom="30" href="x-id://bookData">
	<code>
		<function id="doCenter">
			if (this.isLink()) {
				this.gotoLink();
			} else this.bubble("doNext");
		</function>
This way, we can still preserve the link navigation function of the enter key. Now the question is, what is the library function for judging if an object is a link, and if it is, what is the library function to follow this link?

lovebeta is offline   Reply With Quote