View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #15
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
That is hilarious. I third it. I loved his Topper as well. Amazing how his humor, written in the early 20th century, manages to stay so biting and irreverent.
Tom, I read five Thorne Smith books one after the other in 1973. I think they were all freshly reissued at that time.

I enjoyed all of them; but for what it's worth, I found the most famous, Topper and its sequel, to be the worst two! Go figure!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote