View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #13
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I nominate The Night Life of the Gods by Thorne Smith.

I read it in 1973 and loved it, and I'd enjoy reading it again.

It is available here in the Patricia Clark MobileRead Library.

"Thorne Smith's rapid-fire dialogue, brilliant sense of the absurd, and literary aplomb put him in the same category as the beloved P. G. Wodehouse. The Night Life of the Gods--the madcap story of a scientist who instigates a nocturnal spree with the Greek gods--is arguably his most sparkling comedic achievement."

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ghlight=Thorne
That is hilarious. I third it. I loved his Topper as well. Amazing how his humor, written in the early 20th century, manages to stay so biting and irreverent.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-20-2012 at 03:27 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote