View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #28
GvilleBridge
Connoisseur
GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Tablet
I had to reset my Kobo WiFi a couple times, likewise my Kobo Touch, until I got wise and stopped making metadata and other changes in Calibre to ebooks that were already on the reader. If you must make changes to title, cover, etc., delete the ebook on the ereader using its controls, then interface it to Calibre to sideload the changed ePub.

Kobo also gets somewhat confused if it has to deal with too many managers like the Kobo desktop app, Adobe Digital Editions, etc. I have learned not to have the Kobo plugged in when dealing with ADE in particular, only when dealing with Calibre and when necessary with the Kobo app. I got sensitive about ADE when, in 2011, either it crashed or my then Kobo WiFi crashed despite ADE regarding it as an authorized device.

I will decide what's "authorized" and what should retain its DRM. Your ereader is yours and your ebooks are yours. Ereading become simplified when you're in charge.
GvilleBridge is offline   Reply With Quote