View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 07:31 AM   #292
marvin_2
marvin_2 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvin_2 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvin_2 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvin_2 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvin_2 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvin_2 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvin_2 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvin_2 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvin_2 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvin_2 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvin_2 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I'm thinking of adding some more features to the "Quick Preferences" plugin. Such as the ability to switch the "Save template" for those of you who have different requirements for multiple devices/outputs. If anyone has any further ideas/suggestions for other preferences they end up changing frequently as they "do stuff" let me know.
Calibre is now really powerful with the custom sort options for authors & titles. Getting the configuration right in the Tweaks-section can be a bit challenging at times, though, and re-populating the sort_by columns is not always straightforward.

A quick-preference for setting the sort options would be nice, and an option to redo the sort_by columns (currently via bulk-edit for authors and via single-book metadata for title) would be terrific.

I am not using the custom sort very often now, but would like to be able to adapt the sort order on the fly to the internet source I am using to find metadata.

PS: Nice job on the internet search & open with-plugins.

PPS: Ideas/Suggestions might make a good topic for a new (sticky) thread in the subforum