View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 06:08 PM   #22
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
When the autosort/automerge option is on, you're correct (that's mostly my code), but when it's off, the initial post was right - Calibre looks only at title.
Oops - my bad, thanks for correcting me. I always have automerge on so "just assumed" the matching logic was the same regardless of the setting. You know what they say about ass-u-me...
Quote:
Smile when you say that pardnuh! That's my code! Actually, the notification is Kovid's code - mine was worse - it just dumped any duplicates with no warning. It was written to solve a very specific problem.
Sorry if I caused any offense, it certainly wasn't my intent - as you and I have debated this topic and the history in detail in other threads I just figured you would know where I was coming from. I was trying probably unsuccessfully to walk a balance between not getting into too much detail (having suggested to the OP to look at some other threads), but sympathising with what I took to be one of his points of dissatisfaction with the dialog. In a later response on this thread I clarified the scenario in which I find the dialog "least helpful" The matching logic which you did is great, it's just the handling of same format merges I would like some additions to.

Quote:
Yes, but there's plenty of room for others to dive in and improve it now.
Well to be honest in the last thread I discussed this with you my reading of the responses was that everyone was waiting for a new merge dialog. I have a number of suggestions/ideas for possible approaches and even some slightly better Python/Qt skills to be able to contribute. I figured there was no point in pursuing it further if there was no real interest in some "partial" solutions even if they do address the main issues I face. I completely understand your lack of motivation to be too involved given you no longer have a need to do bulk imports yourself
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote