View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 05:43 PM   #1225
madagascaradam
Enthusiast
madagascaradam began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O Edition 2
OTA update ruined my collections!

Hey everyone, thanks for all the awesome work you guys put into letting us use our kindles the way we ought to! I've had a Kindle keyboard and used the jailbreak and other apps on it, then a kindle paperwhite 1 and have used the jailbreak and screensavers and collections. The truth is that the Kindle Collections Manager is probably my #1 reason for jailbreaking my kindle (the amazon version just sucks). I usually keep my kindle in airplane mode so I don't have to worry about updates etc. (I guess I didn't know about the backdoor lock). Well, I was using it on the internet today and it automatically installed 5.6.1.1! At first I was worried it had ruined everything. Well, I was able to reinstall the jailbreak and most of my apps and they all seem to be working EXCEPT kindle collections manager.

I see that the developer of this app isn't working on it anymore. If anyone knows anyway to make the collections manager work with my current firmware that'd be great. But even if no one knows how to make it work with the current firmware, please tell me some method of downgrading to the older firmware I used to have. I really don't need the new firmware and I was very content with my old one. I'd love to get the collections manager back! Please help!

P.S. Now I've installed the backdoor lock so at least it shouldn't happen again.
madagascaradam is offline   Reply With Quote