View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM64 View Post
Thank you very much for your help and speedy reply!
I agree with dorino on everything but the suggestion to skip SONY's software.

If you don't plan on exporting, storing or viewing on your PC your annotations, than I agree - just go with Calibre.

But if you need your annotations, you need SONY's software. In which case, I would recommend installing both (Calibre and SONY's Library). Just don't use them at the same time, as many posts wisely suggest.

And no, PDFs are not bad. In Landscape mode, of course. Most are readable without any text resizing/zooming - at most, by using the margin crop of the reader. Some require zooming, but those are rare exceptions, at least in my experience (I download tons of PDFs from JSTOR and SSRN).

Last edited by vxf; 06-23-2010 at 06:54 PM.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote