View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #38
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamousj View Post
So, I was one of those people who scoffed at people with dedicated ereading devices. I had an app on my phone and couldn't understand the additional expenses of a one trick pony.

Then I went to Italy with my best friend (who brought her Nook) and my phone died a fiery hot death by wetting. She continued to read and I was kept from my books.

After returning state side and replacing my phone, the very next thing I bought was a Literati ereader (lcd screen; Kobo software; ebay for $15). That was my gateway and I now have an eInk Kobo WiFi.

So, don't count out the smart phone app users. Sometimes we just need to be shown the error of our ways.
It is never an error to save money and inch your way into a new tech.
Not everybody jumps in headfirst.
Phone/Tablet reading apps are gateways to the ebook world for many. As the readers get ever cheaper, the dedicated gadgets will draw in more of the fence-sitters.

BTW, Kobo Aura notwithstanding, the future of eink is small and cheap. $49 list will get here any day now.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote