View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #931
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Sure, I am not against it.

I do not know Qt, so I do not know how difficult it would be and if it is possible at all.

But, what could be done is possibility to remove/add < > and/or page slider and modify number of tools in toolbar according to given setup. It is 4 combinations (just toolbar, TB+< >, TB + slider, TB + slider + < >). If nothing, more could be done (because of possible limitations by Qt) at least more tools could be placed on toolbar and so higher possibility that there is the one needed.

Instead of user definable toolbar (which might be rather difficult to programm) self learning toolbar could be made (if Qt allows it). Toolbar would show last n used tools and their placement would be according to frequcency of usage (e.g. the most often used the most left, the least used the most right).

It would have to be tested in real life, but it seems to me it could work quite well. There would be last n used tools. If the tool is not there, one has to go to normal menu, but since then it will be on toolbar. And also the placement of icons should not float too much as it is used on usage statistics.

If the freeze/unfreeze function would be added, one could temporarily prevent toolbar from selflearning by selecting freeze. Reconfiguring toolbar might be done when unfreeze is selected.

But anyway. Current toolbar is a big step towards good workflow.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote