View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 07:52 AM   #8
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
So you don't care about validation, as long as it does not affect display (something that is often unpredictable). Well, it's your book and your choice, I won't go further into this.

But if the reason is being able to identify Greek text, I would suggest using a class or, better yet, an xml:lang attribute (although it's not properly handled by ADE). This would allow to identify the Greek fragments, and also to style them in a different way (like using an embedded or different font). When xml:lang is recognized, it also allows the reading app to use different hyphenation or text-to-speech patterns.

What I mean is something like this:

Code:
unmitigated villainess. “<span xml:lang="grc">δεινὸν τὸ τἰκτειν ἐστίν</span>,” she says
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote