View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 08:14 PM   #7
GntlmnBndt
Zealot
GntlmnBndt doesn't litterGntlmnBndt doesn't litter

Device: iPod Touch, iPad
Wow! I cannot thank you all enough. You've been very helpful.

On the manga side, she has already read all the Sailor Moon series, most of the Inu Yasha (though I don't know which she is missing, so I skipped those), and several of the Ah, My Goddess (again, which ones are unknown). She recently started Ramna, which is lucky as even the publisher does not have the earliest books, but I did add to her collection there. Also, by request, I picked up several of something called No Need for Techi (sp?). I shall have to look for Fushigi Yuugi. By the way, I have purchased all the manga in paperback form, as I did not know they were available as ebooks. Is there a good (legal) source of manga as ebooks?

On the ebook side, I was looking to get the first book or two of several different series or authors, and then let her download more of what she likes. She has already read all the McKinley and Eddings she can find. Per your suggestions, I will load up some Pratchett, McKillip, Lackey, and perhaps Pierce or McCaffrey, depending on what the selection looks like, and if good starting books are available. All seem well-represented at Books On Board so far, and they usually have the best selection and prices -- at least of the books I buy. I'll try to make sure any series I start her on is completely available -- I hate it when one book in a series is not offered as an ebook. I'll also check Fictionwise for the bundles they sometimes offer.

Again, thank you all, very much!

The Bandit
GntlmnBndt is offline   Reply With Quote