View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #124
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
PDF is fine - if created correctly (and I rarely see correct PDF (not excluding my own)) and if created specifically for the display size (and you dont really believe publishers would go through the hazzle of producing a 5'',6'',9,7'',.. version, do you?)
I've yet to see a nice "resizeable" PDF-solution (theoretical possibilities or not). Apart from that PDF are less usable for accessibility-solutions (e.g. braille readers) and require more computational power (and storage) then html-based solutions (not to speak of font-resizing, zooming is just not the same).
Really - there is not much advantage of a PDF for free-flowing text over HTML (requires full (and real, standard-conform) CSS-support, but thats an error of the software publishers, not of the format)

--edit: And its only easier to create a PDF (especially out of analog material) if you accept "not good" PDF (e.g. scans or PDFs containing lots of "move here move there" definitions, w/o containing the font (text as image), etc)
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote