View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 03:15 PM   #1187
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
nook touch

Just received it from the US.
Unfortunately, I haven't got the Kindle touch yet.

Briefly re. nook touch:
I really like it!
Its bezels are way wider than on Kobo or Sony touch. But it's not distracting at all, nook even feels more "balanced" that way.
I don't see any major differences in responsiveness between Kobo, nook or Sony.
I haven't tested yet, but in the past I had to use VPN to buy directly from B&N. On Sony and Kobo I can buy via WiFi on the readers themselves. Having to go through PC/VPN is a huge downside on nook. Anyway...I already had bought some 250 eBooks from B&N before for my nook classic and downloaded them immediately. No problems at all.
What I really like:
On Sony I have to activate ADE. I hate this, always run out of activations.
On Kindle, for many books I only have 4 activations. May seem enough, but actually can be quite annoying: PC, iPad, Xoom, Kindle 3, Kindle DX, ...I often have to kill a unit to use another one...
Still: Way better than ADE. If you run out of activations with Adobe, you can't do a thing about it. You haves to request new activations from Adobe...
On nook and Kobo, so far, I NEVER ran into any limitations. Love it!

Another aspect I love about nook touch:
The initial screen asks about your time zone.
And of course: Only US time zones.
No showstopper, but still a bit annoying. I want to have my real time zone = CET.
BUT: Later on, in settings, there's another menu: "Show all global time zones". Yippiee! "Berlin". And set. Great little detail!

As with Kobo touch and Sony touch: I love the touchscreen. No waste of space for keyboard and such. Thumbing single handedly through my library or the books.

So far, Kobo touch is the only one which allows for more specific touch gestures:
- You can define the area you'd like to use for the gestures: Left/right or more to the right and so on.
- You can define the refresh rate, from every single page to every 6th page.

Last edited by mgmueller; 03-13-2012 at 01:58 AM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote