View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #11
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAH View Post
I am a little puzzled about what you are using to type this stuff (i.e. where you talk about formatted text files, rtf, etc) if you don't already have QuickOffice. I'm thinking I've been missing something on my Nook Color? I have QuickOffice, but how else are you doing this typing and file saving?
The NC native file viewers are surprisingly pleasant and versatile. Go to My Files and click on a .xlsx file you've sideloaded and a reasonable static representation of the spreadsheet shows up. Same for other supported formats. The NC website makes a big deal about it. For a book/file reader, that's all that's needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAH View Post
As far as Springpad, I "purchased" it (it was free), but after reading a description of how it works on their website I quickly got rid of it. From what I read, it "enhances" your notes and lists with links to websites that have info about what you entered. In other words, they are tracking you and watching what you are entering, it seems to me. Yikes! It seemed like the most invasive app I ever heard of. And this after I just read a few articles about how mobile apps can be very invasive and you don't even know it.

So now you know how they are making money - by putting links (i.e. ads) into your entries. No thanks!
I'd be surprised if that's enough to make any profit. I can see them selling it to advertisers that way, but after a few years, I doubt they get much money net. If they're going out of business (likely), or selling my email address to someone (they claim not), I'll probably kill them off. The service does work as advertised though, so bully!

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote