View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #43
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I don't think we should be too hard on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle for any perceived weaknesses in "A Study in Scarlet" as it was after all his 1st book about Mr. Holmes and was written at a time when he was no doubt struggling. I mean he was a young Dr. with a fairly new practice that wasn't doing well and was no doubt scrabbling to find the means to keep body and soul together. Add to that the fact that it may well have been his 1st venture into fictional writing and you can see how he might have still had a few rough spots in his craft.
I must object, strenuously. The work is the work. No extenuating circumstances. We may understand the cause of flaws, but the work itself is fair game.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote