View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #10
theonna
One
theonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony, Kindle,Pocketbook, Nook...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Nothing is stopping you from using another application -- Hi, Calibre! -- to manage your books nor did Kobo follow the lead of Barnes & Noble by restricting the amount of your storage you could use for sideloaded books.
Regards,
David
Nook supports SD card, and has a file manager, you can put library of congress on the card and carry it around...And you wont need Calibre either.
I would agree that seeing how Kobo software is slow and buggy I probably would not trust them to even try to mirror Calibre.
But investing into making a very nice device from hardware stand point and ruining it all with poor software implementation does not seem like a working idea. I don't use Kobo app either, which does not speak in favor of Kobo programmers.
theonna is offline   Reply With Quote