View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #8
theonna
One
theonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melontheonna knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony, Kindle,Pocketbook, Nook...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
See the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act for more information on the legalities. For a small fee, the Queen's Printer will supply you with your very own copy or

For more information:

The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
112 Kent Street, Ottawa, ON K1A 1H3
www.priv.gc.ca

Regards,
David
I think there is a misunderstanding here.
I do not deny that cloud syncing would be nice, but if we totally forget about that functionality, what I meant was that on your own pc/mac you should be able to manage your own device library without restrictions, both of them being your devices and you are managing your own content, there should not be any legal issues with that. Itunes lets you do that, Sony Reader lets you do that, desktop Kobo app does not, which makes it useless for anyone who has anything not from Kobo on their devices, and we know it cant yet even deal with shelves.
So leaving uploading your book library to Kobo servers out, why cant I manage my library with Kobo app, if I invested into Kobo device?
theonna is offline   Reply With Quote