View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #155
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Hey fellow addicts. Yesterday... yesterday I encountered a problem. Or rather, I discovered my problem is larger than I thought. I didn't purchase, so I guess that's good. But apparently some time ago, I had a bunch of ebooks that needed work. They had coding/header problems and wouldn't convert, among other things. I had gotten them back before I became a full-fledged calibre geek, and I had basically stuck them in a folder to fix later.

Well, some time passed and I forgot about them. I found them yesterday. All 170 of them. Now that I've been using calibre for a while, it took me all of a few minutes to fix the problems and then I was able to convert them to mobi. I then spent the rest of the afternoon fixing the metadata and covers, tagging them, putting some of them on lists, then sideloading them to the Kindle.

Some of them were freebies, others were super-cheap bargains, others I don't even remember where they came from. All I know is that I now have 170 more books than I thought I did. That's over a year's worth of reading material. I now have 1200 books on my Kindle, and 1334 in my calibre library.

Back when I first got my Kindle, I jokingly said, "God as my witness, I'll never go without books again..." and I think a part of me didn't realize I was joking and is preparing for the ebookalypse.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote