View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 11:56 AM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Pat Schroeder, the former Colorado congresswoman who is CEO of the Association of American Publishers. "We've been ready to sell e-books for 10 years," she says. "[But] everybody still likes physical books."
I don't understand this. If they have been ready to sell e-books for 10 years, why don't they ? even if they don't sell as many as paper books, what do they risk ? it's not like printing 50 000 paper books, which you have to store somewhere (so pay for a warehouse and all the peripheral expenses tied to that, plus shipping and stock handling etc.) and if you don't sell all of them you lose money because you paid for the paper and the ink. Imagine how much more selection we would have today, if they *had* started selling ebooks seriously 10 years ago...

Not that I want to encourage copyright infringement, but if book scanning *did* become more popular i suspect it could only be good for the ebook business overall and especially for the customers. Look where napster led ; now we have iTunes and all the similar services. when can we have iTexts ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote