View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 12:49 PM   #67
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I agree. In fact, I think libraries should treat Amazon the same way they're treating HarperCollins over the 26 checkout cap.

Library budgets are severely strained and they shouldn't be bullied into additional purchases by a new player to the game. If Amazon wants in, they should be required to use the existing formats. If not, the libraries should stand firm and tell Amazon to take a hike.
I have new found respect for you, tubemonkey.

Too many people here think whatever is good for them and Amazon is good, period. Screw everybody else. They'll get the monopoly they deserve.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote