View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 12:24 PM   #63
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buran View Post
I'm surprised people are arguing against library books for Kindle. This is a repeatedly requested feature, and people are constantly assuming it'll work for kindle and then being surprised when it doesn't.

Honestly, I think that a library that has the choice of purchasing library books for, say, Sony readers and the Kindle will probably choose the Kindle because Kindles are so well known and there's so many of them out there compared to the Nook, the Sony readers, and so on. As a Kindle owner, I'm glad to see this coming -- I buy books fairly often, download freebies in genres I'm interested in, and would also love to be able to check out books from my local library (which I still do check out print books from).

I have a very good local library consortium available to me, and I'd love to see an option for Kindle book lending from them.
let's be clear here, "people" are not arguing against the kindle library project, a sony fanboi is having a tantrum, and there is a fretting tubesock hanging out somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Is your library consortium wealthy? If not, how would suggest they spend their limited budget for ebooks? How many Kindle titles should they buy? How many EPUB? And how do they buy the same number of EPUB titles as they do now and also buy an equal number in Kindle titles without increasing their budget, increasing wait times, and decreasing other ebook expenditures?
just WAIT until the fine print is announced. you're beginning to look like a Penguin
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote