View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 07:23 PM   #11
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
This isn't because the e-book is marked up, so much as it can't be discounted.

Many publishers don't allow discounting of e-books anymore but still allow discounting of paper.

When this happens, I wait for the paper price to drop on the used market and buy it there.

I'm sorry it hurts the author but I see no reason for the publisher to benefit from their price setting practices which are structured to discourage ebook sales (I believe the arrangement they have allows them to profit just as much, if not more, from paper sales because its based on retail).
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote