View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 04:11 AM   #42
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
I liken the internet to the point in the late 70s when bands realised they could just record and release their own single and not have to bother sending demo tapes out to record publishers. It meant that a lot of music that would otherwise never have been heard got to find its own market. A lot of it was pretty rough around the edges (one record I have apologises for the buzzing sounds caused by someone opening a fridge door during the recording*), but it was better that than never hearing them at all.

* I was quite annoyed when I bought the CD reissue and found out it had been removed. It just sounded odd without them.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote