View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 09:32 PM   #6
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fglaysher View Post
In Calibre, I notice a check box under

Preferences > Add/Save > Adding Books

that reads: Read metadata only from file name

The file names of all of my books are formatted like this:
Tolstoy, War and Peace

Is there a way I can use that to sort into collections?
The answer to this is almost certainly yes, as long as your current library has a consistent naming convention. You will need to experiment with the 'Regular Expression' box until you get the right match.

I'd like to be more help but I've never used this option myself. I've only ever drag-n-dropped books into calibre. Hopefully someone will be along soon who can offer you specific advice.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote