Thread: Library books
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #18
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
That Philly link is very tempting. I already have cards for our local system and the Chicago System but I see several books there that aren't available to either.

I have to think our library can tell how much the patrons are enjoying the downloadable ebooks. When I first started getting books off of Overdrive there were hardy any waitlists. Now they build like crazy as soon as the books are added.

I realize that the Overdrive book licenses are expensive but I'm unclear as to how exactly it works. I mean, once a library purchases a title do they own that license forever or just a set period?

I mean, sure a book might cost $27.99 but it also isn't going to wear out after 12 patrons read the book.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote