View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 08:47 AM   #8
tbergman
Connoisseur
tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle
If you're seeing gibberish when downloading from your web server, then your web server likely does not have an appropriate mimetype entry for epub. You'll need to add a mimetype entry for the extension epub and set the MIME type to application/octet-stream

Without a defined mimetype your web server is probably sending text/html in the http header which does not prompt your device to recognize that the content is a file to download.

If you don't know how to do this, write back with which web server you're using and I, or someone else may be able to help.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbredbury View Post
Thank all for the replies but I am afraid you are missing my problem. I can convert books to epub but when I load them to my iphone from my web site they will not open correctly but the .pdb files do open correctly. The .pdb files that I have were downloaded from fictionwise. I have tried Stanza and Calibre to convert them. I am assuming that my trouble with the epub files is related to the fact that I am trying to download them from my own web site. Interestingly I found a conversion tool that said it would make .pdb files form .lit and those .pdb files also will not download correctly. the .lit files i have are not from fictionwise and are not DRM.
tbergman is offline   Reply With Quote