View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 05:13 AM   #4
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Most DRM formats provide a mechanism to share the book with your friends, family, etc. No, you can't re-sell them, generally speaking; this will be specified by the T&C at the store where you buy the book from.
Good point but i did say non DRM ebooks and Paper backs also contain the same notice in the fronto of books stating not for hire or resale... yet i dont see the police seizing materials from my local secondhand bookstore.

Patricia the author loses out on the royalties if I lend the paperbook around to 4 or 5 people as I and those people wont purchase it (some reference books I may but not a general novel)
The torrent one is a non issue really for me and not relevant! someone could borrow a pbook from me and put it on a torrent!
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote