View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #80
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Before taking the plunge and installing the new firmware, I'd like to know a few things about the included software.

At the moment, the OLD PDF-Reader is my standard application for reading epubs. The reason is that FB-Reader is a total mess for epubs, ignoring nearly all the formatting, and CoolReader, while being quite nice in many respects, has a few deal-breaking flaws, the worst of them probably the handling of <br /> in centered paragraphs and headings and the inability to display embedded fonts.

The beta of the new PDF-Reader is very nice for PDFs (the two-point zoom is wonderful for reading PDFs on a small display!), but I can't set it to full-screen mode. There are also quite a few tools missing when reading epubs, compared to the old version, most notably "Mark" and "Copy".

So as things are, I am very happy with my i62HD using the old PDF-Reader. From this thread, I gather that the new one is the standard version now. Is the old one still included? Or has the new one been improved, enabling full-screen mode and adding the missing tools? Or has CoolReader been improved in its handlng of <br /> and the display of embedded fonts?

If not, I'll rather stick with the old firmware.
old pdfreader is still present instead of "use new pdfreader" there is a box showing "use old pdf"

Quote:
Hello ? Can it be updated without sd card ?
as i know, you have to use an sd card
bye!
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote