View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #2
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
I like to leave my WiFi turned off on my K3, but I've recently got into reading books on my iPhone 4/iPad 2 using the Kindle app.

I understand I can sync to the furthest page read on each device, and I'm wondering what the correct/quickest procedure would be to get the K3 to sync when I'm finished reading. My understanding so far:

1) Finish reading
2) Turn on WiFi
3) Wait till WiFi connects
4) Press "Home", which effectively "closes" the book
5) Wait <x> seconds for sync to be performed with Amazon's servers

My question, really, is is the procedure above the ideal one, and what is the time <x>?

Thanks
This sequence is exactly how I do it. As far as time goes, I watch the upper left corner. It does a 'circle' thingy. Takes about a couple of seconds if even that. Then I turn the WiFi off again.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote