View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #19
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by pl001 View Post
As much as I hate the way carriers operate in the US, this lawsuit is nothing more than petty whining. You don't have a "right" to the latest and greatest version of software.
The second reason I won't get a subsidized Android phone is the lengthy time it takes to upgrade the OS after it's released. That problem also persists with non-Nexus unlocked Android phones.

Samsung's refusal to upgrade the Galaxy Players from Gingerbread to Jellybean is the reason I'll never get another one of their net devices. I wonder how many they would have sold if they told the consumers up front that these devices would never see an upgrade past Gingerbread?

Timely OS upgrades from Apple and Nexus is the biggest advantage they have over the competition.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote