View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 12:57 AM   #51
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
I have added a Stanza-iPhone link for Eternity's End as a test. When I tested it on my wife's iTouch, I got to it okay, but I couldn't tell whether Stanza actually downloaded the file or was just opening it online. I guess it downloaded it, though it never gave me a msg such as "download complete."

It was weird, because the inline ToC didn't work even though I thought I'd tested it thoroughly. (I'd tested it in Adobe Digital Editions, and on the Sony, but I guess I'd never tested it in Stanza.) So I tried it in Stanza on the PC--and it displayed horribly there--no cover, title page all mashed up, and inline ToC without links at all. (I guess the desktop Stanza isn't exactly ready for prime time.)

Well, I don't know what to think about that. I guess the link is worth having, although it makes the download page more cluttered and confusing. I wonder how many people actually browse to my downloads page on an iThing.