View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #10
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A device like this is a pretty good alternative:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-Bat.../dp/B00BWS1E2M

It will provide about 2 full charges for my Kindle from a set of 4 AA batteries.
I like the looks of that one.
I have one very tiny one that is left over from my old dumbphone. It was barely bigger than the single AA cell it used, and I kept in in my brief case at all times. I no longer have the phone or the briefcase, and I doubt it would be powerful enough for new devices.
I built one from a kit that used two AA cells, and it worked for about a week. I can solder, but not exceptionally well .
And I got a rechargable recharger (weird to my mind) in a bundle with my new smartphone. My wife uses that one with her phone.
I also have a portable solar charger that charges four AA cells. I might modify it into a USB charger with the parts from the above mentioned kit.

Sorry for the tangent. As you were.

Last edited by ApK; 09-04-2013 at 11:43 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote