View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #252
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Finished. Enjoyed it quite a bit. The reader, Cynthia Holloway, will never be on my short list of preferred readers, not by a long shot. But she's become tolerable over the space of these first two books.

Next up, book three in the Vatta's War series - Engaging the Enemy.
Finished Engaging the Enemy, moving on to Command Decision, number 4 in the series (there are 5 total). The reader has finally blended into the background. Still not a favourite, but I can ignore her. Though I _really_ wish she would us a more normal voice for Grace Vatta.

The story line continues, with the Vatta family starting to finally get its act together and move forward without a lot of interfamily wrangling. I'm enjoying the Mac Roberts character (no surprise) and that whole story arc.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote