View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickyoung View Post
when trying to upload a book through iTunes producer, I keep getting this error.

ERROR ITMS-3000: "Line 102 column 38: element "audience" incomplete; expected element "range" or "value" at XPath /package/book/metadata/audience_info/audience"

Any idea what it means and how I fix it? I'm using Sigil and also checking the file with FlightCrew. Both say its ok but iTunes Producer keeps telling me there's an error.
Certainly this is not a Sigil or FlightCrew problem as audience is not an ePub thing but rather an Apple thing. It is likely the target audience should have been specified in some dialog but was left blank causing Apple software to complain. What it wants is the target audience, Children, young adults, etc. Somehow this data must be supplied. ePub has no such requirement for the metadata.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote