Thread: Classic Nook 1.5 is out!
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 02:28 PM   #83
mobyd
mobyd began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I just noticed something interesting. I used to have My Documents sorted by author. Somehow, probably with the update, it got changed to a sort by title and didn't seem to me to look any different than before the update. Then I changed the sort to author and now I'm seeing the new format. That format has reduced the number of pages for my index by a good 25% or more. It also shows me some variations in spelling, middle initials, presence or lack of a period after the middle initial and so on I hadn't been aware of. I'd noticed, when adding books to My Documents, that I'd get folders I wasn't expecting due to such variations, but there seem to be even more that I never corrected.

I think I'm going to be reorganizing with shelves for quite some time. I started by creating a Humor folder and looking through for books to put in it. I've noticed the index seems to keep switching back and forth from the old style with the large title and small author's name under every title and the new style with the large author's name and small titles. I'm not sure what's up with that.
mobyd is offline   Reply With Quote