View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 10:30 AM   #15
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
[note: CSS stylesheets are implemented in release 1.0: see page 6 of this thread]
Hi Sweatpea,

Thanks for the feedback. Right now, the program basically ignores formatting provided via CSS styles - so if you want to specify alignment etc, you need to use the regular XHTML tags (align ... and so forth).

I am working on CSS formatting and very much open to ideas, so do share (preferably by sending me sample ePub documents with notes re how you'd hope to see them rendered).

Given that my target platform is the windows phone form factor, I am always going to want to simplify the formatting - for example I might not leave a wide top/bottom margin even if the formatting says to, simply because I don't have that much screen real-estate available, and I'd want to err in the direction of fitting a decent amount of text onto the screen, even if it meant that I wasn't strictly faithful to the author's formatting intentions.

That's going to be a matter of judgment though, and I'm keen to hear the opinions of my target market - so do give me your thoughts.

Thanks,

Jim

Last edited by Jim Chapman; 12-12-2009 at 12:02 PM.
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote