View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #10
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa_E View Post
Hi, I have just been trying the save to disk option; trying to save many books that I already converted earlier this evening from .lrf to .epub.

However, when I saved them to 1 file location, for some reason only some of the selected files went to designated location, and only the author.extension. i.e. somehow the title and other metadata was lost?

Any suggestions, as if I can utilise the save to disk function from the separate location, it will save much cutting and pasting from the sub files that were created upon conversion in the calibre library.
You select a bunch of books in Calibre interface, right-click and and select a "Save to disk" menu. There are quite a few functions available here.

You can go to Preferences -> Interface -> Behaviour config screen and select Preffered Output format. This is the format you see listed in "Save to disk" menu.

In the "Save to disk" menu you can select save or save to single directory. This either saves bunch of files to a single directory or creates some folders according to your preferences and saves the books there, renaming them according to your preferences.

You can go to Preferences -> Import/Export -> Saving books to disk config screen and set everything to your liking there.
You can choose to save the cover as a separate file, you can choose to have the metadata in book file updated according to the Calibre metadata and other interesting options.
There is also Save Template configuration option, where you can build file-name and/or directories according to the metadata.
You can use following metadata (copied directly from Calibre)
Code:
author_sort - The author sort string. To use only the first letter of the name use {author_sort[0]}
authors - The authors
id - The calibre internal id
isbn - The ISBN
last_modified - The date when the metadata for this book record was last modified
pubdate - The published date
publisher - The publisher
rating - The rating
series - The series
series_index - The series number. To get leading zeros use {series_index:0>3s} or {series_index:>3s} for leading spaces
tags - The tags
timestamp - The date
title - The title
Any custom field  - The lookup name of any custom field (these names begin with "#").
My favorite naming option is
{author_sort}/{series}/{series_index:0>3s|[|] - }{title} - {authors}
This will create directory with author name and place all books from that author in the direcotry. IF there is series info, it will also create series directory and also, IF there is series info it will prepend series info to the title.
So:
/{series}/ - will create series directory if there is series
{series_index:0>3s|[|] - } - will prepend series number in square bracket, with leading zeros (so numbering looks like 001, 002, 003 ... 010, 011 ... so series with more than 9 books are sorted correctly (otherwise it would be like 1, 10, 11, 2, ... 9)) and with the optional " - " between series number and title. When there is no series number, there is no " - " in front of the book title.

You probably want something simple, like
{author_sort} - {title} as your save template.

There is even Template Editor and very good documentation built-in and on-line if you want to go *totally* wild in your naming schemes. You can program almost ANYTHING using dozens of available functions operating on any conceivable combination of metadata you might have in Calibre database.

If you have something specific in mind and still can't make it work, just ask.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote