View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 07:58 PM   #14
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post

As for the reader and the crashing and freezing I wholeheartedly believe it's user error. Plain & simple. It's not a sophisticated piece of machinery we're talking about here. Basically it's older technology. It's not a tablet or even an iPhone.

I believe people are getting multiple pages turns and crashing because they're pressing too long and too hard when trying to turn the page. Mine crashed many times because as I was selecting books to put into collections I selected items too quickly. The processor could not process as quickly as I selected and the thing crashed. When I allowed time for my selection to be processed by the device, it functioned perfectly fine.

Same thing goes for people with the page turns. They've got to be holding it too long and that's what it does. It doesn't just turn one page. It thinks you want to move multiple pages and it does so but again, because it can't process that many selections that fast, the thing crashes.

Now, why they went from the stability of the OS on the previous versions to this one, I couldn't tell you but it does boil down to user error IMO. If you don't like it or it doesn't work for your needs and preferences, then don't use it. Nobody is forcing you to buy the device. *shrugs*
I beg to differ with you. I tried doing it light. Now I do understand that you can press a bit harder with the 350, but I took that into consideration when I found out how touch sensitive the T1 is. And if pressing too hard & holding too long is what is doing it, then it would happen a lot more often...like just about every time you read a book since that is how you are suppose to turn multiple pages. Mine never started till after reading 30+ minutes. And it would just flip pages without stopping until you hit the home button. Then it would freeze.

It may have been that I used my thumb to flick from the bottom corners of the screen like someone else suggested. But once again I always turn pages like that with my 350.

All that said, I'm more than willing to give it a try again in a few months. There are so many things to like about the T1. And as I recollect both the Nook Touch & the Kobo Touch had problems at first. Perhaps the Kindle Touch will too.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote