View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 11:48 PM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Maybe it is my pedestrian tastes, but I have not encountered but a couple of books
using the Topaz format&DRM (for it is really a little of both). What I have seen of such
Topaz formatted books share the worst features of the PDF format in terms of using it
for ebooks. If you have the tools package, notice that part of them have to function
much like OCR software to handle graphic text and image data. Not a promising sign that
the process will have a very readable result.

PDF in general is not a format for handheld/pocketable screens, except if you are making
your own document. The JBL does better than others (thanks primarily to its
implementation of the Adobe Reader Mobile), but most books or other documents
available in PDF format are made for a larger venue and even PDF Reflow is often not
enough to overcome the inherent incompatability.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote