View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
Archergal5219
Semi-retired semi-hero
Archergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-booksArchergal5219 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Palm Zire71, EEE PC901, Sony PRS-505
Calibre and Sony PRS-600

My husband brought in a new Sony PRS-600 (Touch) e-reader last night. I have a PRS-505, and I've been using Calibre with it with no problems for some time.

I was moving some of my stored books onto his PRS-600. Everything went fine as far as moving the files went. Calibre read the device just fine, moved the books fine, etc.

I used the button on the Calibre toolbar to to eject the reader like I normally do. Everything looked like it does when I do the same things with my 505.

BUT... and you knew there was a "but: coming, right?... The PRS-600 appears to be locked up after it goes through the little circle-y arrows after I unplug the USB cable. The touch screen doesn't work, none of the controls responds, it doesn't turn on the red light when I plug the charger in.

It's happened both times I used it with Calibre on my desktop computer.

I can hit the reset button and wake it up eventually.

I suspect I may just be doing something bone-headed here, but I'm really a little concerned about using Calibre with this device now. Most of my ebooks are on my desktop computer. I do have Calibre installed on my netbook, but I haven't tried using the PRS-600 with that installation.

The desktop computer is an old HP running Windows XP, SP3. The version of Calibre I'm using is version 0.7.10 I was using an slightly earlier version last night, but I updated today before I connected his 600. The Reader behaved the same way with both versions.

I hooked up my 505 to the same computer/same Calibre right after I unhooked his 600, and the 505 behaved normally.

Any idea what might be going on here? Did I miss some setup something somewhere?
Archergal5219 is offline   Reply With Quote