View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #94
ssholloway
Connoisseur
ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone6, iPadMiniRetina, KindlePW3, KoboGloHD
Talking Impressive!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
@mycurlylocks Thanks a million. I'm really glad you're enjoying it.

@dale, @jswinden I'm still sort of torn about mobi but I didn't give up on the idea. As far as the first update after the holidays is concerned, I'd like to prioritize between (1) Calibre+OPDS (2) 2-column landscape+vertical scrolling, or (3) mobi. What do you think? What would you like to see first? I'd rather go for frequent updates rather than occasional massive ones.
This is absolutely marvelous! An excellent replacement for Stanza and goes beyond it in many ways.

As far as new features, 2-column landscape is at the top of my wish list. I have small hands and read in landscape almost exclusively. Native OPDS support would be nice, but since I can access my Calibre server through Safari and open a selected book in Marvin that way, it's not my first priority. Mobi would be far down my critical path.

One feature I don't remember seeing requested is Adobe DRM support. I read a lot of public library books using Overdrive but would love to use Marvin instead. It would not surprise me that Adobe's licensing cost would be prohibitive but would you please look into it at some point if you haven't already?

Like many others, I would certainly pay for this app to support further development and to thank you for what you've done so far. In the meantime, I've left a 5 star review on the app store, which I hope will help popularize Marvin.

Last edited by ssholloway; 12-08-2012 at 01:28 PM.