View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 06:00 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glottalpoly View Post
I started the wireless on the internet router, and wirelessly connected both devices directly to the Internet router. That works !

If I try to connect to my normal Wireless Router (which is ethernet cable connected to the DHCP / DNS server) it doesnt work.
That sounds like either your dlink is buggy and not always forwarding packets, or that it is applying some security and deciding that two machines on wifi shouldn't talk to each other. I have never used that router so don't know what kinds of things it does.

Another possibility: the dlink might be forwarding all packets out the cable, expecting the device at the other end to send them back if necessary. I can see why they might choose to do this, as it saves a lot of traffic. It might also happen if the IP address of the dlink (the config address) is not in the 10 range. In this case it might not send incoming wireless packets back out, instead thinking that the packets should be sent only out the cable. Some network switches work this way, so it isn't impossible.

I have a netgear wireless hub attached by cable to my i'net router. It works with CC, so there is an existence proof that hub/router pairs can function. Unfortunately I can't say what you might need to do to make your config work reliably.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote