View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 10:29 AM   #16
hudson
Stunt Programmer
hudson has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hudson has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hudson has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hudson has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hudson has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iRex iLiad, Sony PRS500, Treo 650
evkb version 0.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by henkvdg
As I found out, the keyboard works if it is fist connected before the application is started. When removed and reconnected, the application has to be started again to use the keyboard.
The first version of the event redirector was really simple and didn't handle the /dev/input/event0 file going away (or not being present). I've made it loop now until the device file is available and sleep for 5 seconds after it goes away before trying again. This allows you to start it and plug/unplug the keyboard at anytime. I've also added the xev program and a command line event-dump to help debug other problems and input devices.

To install the easiest method is:
Code:
bzcat evkb-0.2.tar.bz2 | ssh root@10.0.0.200 tar -C /mnt/free/documents -xvf -
Quote:
Not every key of my keyboard is recognized correctly, so it seems the right keyboard description file has to be used.
I've only tried it with rxvt so far with a US charset keyboard. My evkb program doesn't have any keyboard map -- the mapping is a simple 'Xkeycode = scancode + 8', which works for most of the normal keys with a US keymap. <linux/input.h> has the scancodes and if you run 'xmodmap -pk' it will print the keycodes and the keysyms that they map to.
Attached Files
File Type: bz2 evkb-0.2.tar.bz2 (76.0 KB, 1347 views)
hudson is offline   Reply With Quote