View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 01:10 AM   #7
hughes
Addict
hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hughes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Galaxy Nexus, iPad 1
Hi natasha_fawn, thanks for your reply:
Quote:
Originally Posted by natasha_fawn View Post
Looks like a fun tool. Some recommendations:

In your price category you have
$400 and higher ...
$399 to $200 ...
$100 to $199 ...
It would be easier to read if the middle category read "$200 to $399" to be consistent.
You're right. Fixed. Thank you!

Quote:
It would be nice to see the other Sony readers on here, as well as a choice category for touchscreens.
Agreed. Will do soon. Thanks for going easy on me on the omission.

Quote:
I find the wording of this category "Does the ereader support ebooks on PCs, Macs, cell phones, and tablets?" confusing, but that could just be me. Do you mean ebooks formatted for the device, ebook software by the makers of the device, or something else?
Hmm, probably not just you... What I was trying to say was if you buy an ebook in its common format for the ereader, would you also be able to read the ebook on your PC, Mac, cell phone, or tablet computer.

How about this: "Do ebooks purchased for the ereader also work on PCs, Macs, cell phones, and tablets?"

Beyond wording, I almost wonder whether there's such a high proliferation of software for these extra devices to enable reading of ebooks that maybe the factor should be retired for lack of differentiating ability. Thoughts?

Quote:
Lastly, I'm glad you use citations for the more subjective criteria, I think that's a great idea.
Thanks. I like to give credit properly. Also, when I'm researching a purchase, I like to keep links to persuasively subjective posts on factors important to me in case I have to revisit to re-read the supporting argument in light of new information I encounter later. Hopefully others will find similar use of the references.

Quote:
Overall, the format you have given it is quite nice.
I appreciate the compliment tonight.